Full Name: Narendranath Dutta.
Born: 12th January 1863.
Died: 4th July 1902.
Other Names: Swami Vivekananda.
Parents: Viswanath Dutta (Father), Bhuvaneshwari Devi (Mother).
Wife: Not Married.
Famous Sayings or Quotes of Swami Vivekananda:
- “Each soul is potentially divine“.
- “The whole universe is one. There is only one Self in the universe, only One Existence“.
- “You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself“.
- “To devote your life to the good of all and to the happiness of all is religion. Whatever you do for your own sake is not religion“.
- “This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive“.
- “The powers of the mind are like the rays of the sun when they are concentrated they illumine“.
- “Give me few men and women who are pure and selfless and I shall shake the world“.
- “The whole life is a succession of dreams. My ambition is to be a conscious dreamer, that is all” .
- “Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Maya. Fear not, and it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies”.
- “Let us calmly and in a manly fashion go to work, instead of dissipating our energy in unnecessary frettings and fumings. I, for one, thoroughly believe that no power in the universe can withhold from anyone anything he really deserves“.
- “I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the world both tolerance and universal acceptance. We believe not only in universal toleration, but we accept all religions as true“.
Swami Vivekananda Photo Gallery:
Swami Vivekananda Video Gallery: